Course Instructor: ANGELA POCH
What Will I Learn?
- You will be more confident reading ingredient lists and nutritional labels.
- You will understand the details of food nutrients and how they affect the body.
- You will be able to demonstrate a healthy diet.
- You will be able to provide for yourself all the nutrients like protein, calcium, and iron, from plant-based foods.
- You will be able to create a healthy vegan diet will all the nutrients you need
- You will be able to avoid the fads and diet extremes seen on the internet
- You will have tools needed to avoid the pitfalls of a restricted diet.
A very basic understanding of biology is helpful, but not critical.
This course is detail oriented if you don’t like stats and numbers you may find the first part of the course difficult.
This course will give you a foundation in proper nutrition with a focus on optimal health using the last scientific research. It is aimed at anyone considering a healthy lifestyle, such as vegetarians, vegans, flexitarians, Mediterranean diet aficionados, or those looking at a career in health and wellness, such as a Nutritional Therapist or Wellness Coach. This course is separate, yet a prerequisite for our Nutritional Therapy course, which dives into how food affects our bodies and how to use that to fight disease. You will benefit more from this course if you understand basic physiology, but it is not compulsory.
Who is the target audience?
- Those who have a basic understanding of healthy living but want to learn more about nutrition itself.
- Those interested in the best health and wish to have optimal nutrition including vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores.
- Those considering a career in nutrition.
Click here to see the full Course Curriculum